Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Privacy

Privacy and confidentiality are a big problem with the current format of social media.  A lot of times users pages are open for all to see. A lot of personal posts may be shared along the media as they are reposted and shared among users of the platform. These sites issue a privacy and confidentiality agreement right from the beginning in fine print. Most times it gets dismissed many times by  the users.
At one point in time privacy wasnt an issue now sites such as Facebook as stated in the "Wild Wild West" Artcile use our likes and posts to share ads, news and promotions they think we may like according to them. Its a scary idea. I remember searching recently on a fashion site I love called Fashionnova.com one time. Next thing I noticed I was receiving inboxes and seeing posts from the company all along my timeline. I feel like that is an invasion of privacy. So now I ensure my microphone is off on a lot of my social media apps.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorna. I agree. I had the same problem with this website. Even though you clicked on their advertising accidently they keep showing up on your news page. It is so annoying and scary. But today all commercials work like this. Time to time we have Amazon showing up as an advertisement somewhere on a webpage. For me it is very distracting, especially when I’m trying to do my homework. You go there just to check out maybe they have a good deal, but it does not take you couple minutes, it could take you couple hours, until you realize that before you’ve been doing something else.

    ReplyDelete